Jeweller Stephen Smith has been creating unique pieces for over 20 years. Based in a studio in Cape Town, South Africa, his work is inspired by his love of the African continent's rich history, peoples and natural world.
On the manufacturing process:
- Hours are spent moulding, forming, heating and polishing each individual piece before finally hand setting the stones the client has requested.
- Each piece is handmade in Cape Town.
- Heirloom jewellery pieces last generations and add to the rich fabric of family life.
- The magic begins at the design phase where ideas take the first steps into reality.
- Wearable works of art are created using age old techniques.
- Soldered, set and polished, timeless materials become treasures.
- Traditional techniques using wax carving, soldering, welding, crafting, gem setting and polishing of the final product.
- Small scale production to ensure a high quality product.
- Precious and semi-precious stones are hand set to bring out their brilliance.